To date, we’ve covered how to convert Mason jars into unique candle holders, or an indoor herb garden –but what about those lids? Can’t throw them out! How about we make some coasters with them?
Here are a few easy steps that will give your coffee table a new cozy feeling.
- Twine (whatever kind of twine you would prefer)
- Hot glue gun
- Mason Jar Lid (Wide mouth mason jar lids work best!)
Alright, let’s go!
1. Find the very middle of the lid, you can use a ruler or just eye ball it, and mark it. Then knot the very end of the twine, and glue it to the middle.
2. Begin to glue around the middle point in a circular pattern. (The trick is to work slowly and in small pieces at a time).
3. When you get to the edge of the lid, it’s a good idea to make a ring around the bottom (to keep the metal off of your table).
4. Let the glue dry, pick off any glue that might have come through the twine and enjoy!